Artists will be notified of accepted work via email about three weeks after the submission deadline. All selected photographs are posted on our website immediately upon receiving decisions from the juror. We send an email to each accepted photographer, but please also check the website at selection time.
If your work is accepted for the Online Gallery…
… you need do nothing more. The file you originally submitted is suitable for both the exhibition catalog and the online slideshow. Your photograph will appear in the slideshow on our website, and it will remain there pretty much forever, as will photographs accepted for Gallery exhibition.
If your work is accepted for Gallery exhibition, you have choices:
- You can use our professional print service and we will mat and frame your print for free. See Details, below.
- You can send us your print, and we will mat and frame for it free as described below.
- You can send us a print in your own 16 x 20 mat, and we will frame it for free.
- You can send us a matted and framed print. See Details.
- We are located next door to a custom frame shop, and can do any custom framing you need, whether you supply the print or we print it for you.
The easiest way to exhibit: Let us print for you!
For $35 plus tax we’ll make a professional print from your high-resolution image, using your choice of paper options. We’ll mat it and frame it for free for the duration of the exhibition. For an extra $15 you can have the print returned (U.S. and Canada only), or you can donate it for hanging in a hospital clinic or patient’s room, or have it destroyed. Learn about our professional print service and printing options here.
- All frames that we supply are 16 x 20 black metal. Mats are white 16 x 20. Both are free for the duration of the exhibit, whether you supply your print or have us make your print.
- To use one of our free mats, the image area of your photograph must fit one of our several mat window openings. If it does not fit our windows, you can order a 16 x 20 mat with a custom window.
- If you would like to send a matted, framed print, it must be a 16 x 20 black metal frame with white or off-white mat, covered in glass or acrylic. We are happy to discuss other treatments and welcome a limited number of larger sizes or unusual presentations, but you must clear them with us first. Really. Please do not send anything in a non-standard frame without prior approval. Just give a call or send an email.
- If you are shipping us a print (loose, matted, or framed) please complete a gallery exhibitor shipping form and submit it online. It contains vital information: selling price, gallery label information, and more. If you would like your work returned, you must include a prepaid shipping label with your work (or label plus US postage), in the event your work does not sell. We will not be responsible for work without a prepaid return label 14 days after the exhibit is taken down.
Of course, we both hope your work will sell. If it does not, and if you’d like your work returned, include a prepaid UPS or FedEx return label or accurate U.S. postage. You’ll find more information about packing, shipping and return shipping here. If return shipping is not provided or the work is not picked up within two weeks of the close of the exhibition, the photograph will be donated or destroyed.
While we take great care of all work in our possession and in shipping it, we cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
Selling your work
Artists exhibiting at the Gallery may offer their work for sale at a price of their choosing. Upon sale, PhotoPlace retains 30% of the sale price.